Meet our team – CTO and Co-founder of BuildSafe:
A BA in Adult Education and MA in Art management & Entrepreneurship mixed with self-taught knowledge and experience on product development and design, led Deniss Karavajev to where he is today. Prior to being one of the co-founders of BuildSafe (part of Infobric Group), he was running a small digital business focusing on web and mobile app development. Since 2015, he’sin charge of BuilSafes R&D teams.
What sort of duties do you have in your role?
– I’m responsible for our teams in R&D on the development and product side. My responsibility is to make sure that we deliver easy to use safety management (and not only) tools for our customers. This covers the full spectrum of the product development lifecycle: from product strategy and prioritisation to delivery and quality assurance. All with the help of our competent and hard-working team. Another area of expertise is to make sure that our office printer is functioning properly and that everyone knows the wifi password at the office!
What’s the most exciting part of your job?
– Gathering input from our teams and customers and transforming that into useful tools and functionality, thus helping to solve real problems on construction sites. The most exciting part here is to work together as a team, find solutions to problems, and discover new possibilities.
What inspires you?
– Seeing data and feedback from our app users and get proof of concept that what we do is used and needed everyday at the construction sites. All the energetic, proactive, and open-minded people around me. Never-ending number of new ideas, new use cases and backlog items to be deployed.
“Taking part of something much larger and working together with other teams on delivering even more value and cover even more use cases is one of the most rewarding parts of being part of Infobric Group.”
What’s the most rewarding part of working in Infobric Group?
– Taking part of something much larger and working together with other teams on delivering even more value and cover even more use cases is one of the most rewarding parts of being part of Infobric Group. The potential of integrations with other products in the group (thus delivering even more value to our shared customers) and endless possibilities for idea and expertise exchange between teams.
Tell us something most people don’t know about you!
– I actually dreamed of becoming an actor and applied to two different theatre academies in Estonia. I almost got in at the first attempt, but was kicked out on the final audition day (out of 60 applicants). Second attempt was not that good – I was kicked out on the first day of auditions!
More co-worker stories.