“We use Infobric’s products to streamline our operations”
We visit Thage i Skåne AB, a company renovating the Kranen 2 development in Malmö. We took the opportunity to talk to Ulf Bergh, Site Manager, and Sven Nilsson, QEHS Manager, to hear how they work with Infobric’s products and about their day-to-day challenges.
Thage i Skåne is rebuilding the Kranen 2 development, which will be used for Malmö University’s police training course, Region Skåne’s speech therapy unit, and the Reproductive Medicine Centre.
– At Thage i Skåne AB, we are guided by three key words. Simple, efficient, and committed. Using Infobric’s products factors into achieving simplicity. In fact, Infobric offers a complete solution, says Sven Nilsson.
On this project, among other things, they are using the Ease CheckIn app to record staff presence through workplace arrivals.
– If you have the app, you have access to most things, says Sven.
Complete overview of on-site workforce
Sven values Infobric’s system because, besides tracking attendance, it allows the company to access booths and containers , as well as authorisations for lifts inside the workplace. But he also likes having an overview of people on the construction site, which makes statutory compliance easier.
– You keep track of staff on site while keeping anyone unauthorised out. This allows you to track all elements of subcontractors. Should there be a cat among the pigeons, so to speak, we’d be able to see it in the system. Which is great, given the statutory requirements.
Even the staff ledger has won a positive review from Sven.
– In the event of an accident, we can assemble and check everyone’s presence against the reassembly list.
“We rely on Infobric’s products for streamlining our operations.”
– Ulf Bergh, Site Manager at Thage i Skåne AB
Simplify management of logistics
Deliveries and logistics are a major challenge that Ulf Bergh sees in all construction projects. For this reason, Thage i Skåne AB has chosen vehicle gates that allow returning drivers to control their own arrival and open gates using the Ease CheckIn app. Time is another major challenge. As with many other construction projects, time is short for both design and production.
– We rely on Infobric’s products for streamlining our operations. Infobric’s system is simple and that’s how it should be, because if it weren’t, you wouldn’t want to use it, says Ulf Bergh.
Sweden’s best complex tunnel builder
We visit Implenia on a project site to hear about how they work with Infobric’s products. Erik Arrhenius, Vehicle Manager at Implenia Sweden, welcomes us onto the “Förbifart Stockholm” site. Implenia is currently doing blasting work here, advancing in six-metre increments, as part of the Lunda subproject.
Operational support from Infobric
A growing fleet of vehicles quickly leads to a lot of manual handling. Erik soon discovered that he needed to get important vehicle and machine data (service status, operating hours – but also driving records, of course) under control.
Infobric, however, offered an easy way to get started:
“It was easy to get going, just plug the device into the car’s OBD socket”. The system provides Erik with an easy overview of all vehicles and machines in a single location, thoroughly reassuring him that all his company’s driving records are complete and that they are consistent with the Swedish Tax Agency’s requirements.
“Infobric’s products have helped us streamline how we manage our resources and have saved us a lot of costs.”
– Erik Arrhenius, Vehicle Manager at Implenia Sweden
Tracks and follows up data from tools, instruments, and machines
Infobric also helps Implenia keep track of the location of important tools and instruments. Alongside data from all his company’s cars and machines, Erik can now meticulously track the company’s important resources and quickly get answers if something is not in place.
“We should have got started with Infobric sooner”, Erik says. He adds that he was extremely happy with the solution, support, and delivery times and that Infobric’s products have streamlined how his company manages mobile resources.
Balfour Beatty collaborates with MSite to digitise workforce safety
Balfour Beatty, in collaboration with construction workforce technology specialists MSite (part of Infobric Group), has adopted an innovative mobile phone application to improve the health and safety of employees across 60 of its sites in the UK.
Downloaded directly onto employees’ mobile phones, the app provides each employee with a digital identity, enabling contactless entry to site using biometrics. The technology also reduces the need for employees to touch surfaces when entering sites, as well as collecting data to accurately monitor attendance levels.
– The COVID-19 pandemic has catapulted us into a new digital era as we have adapted with agility to introduce and embed new ways of working. This application combines Balfour Beatty’s unrivalled knowledge of the construction industry with MSite’s specialist digital insights and ability to rapidly deploy technology on mass. This application will ultimately contribute to keeping our employees safe and is a paradigm shift in digitising site operations to improve productivity through streamlined processes, says Chris Johnson, Balfour Beatty Chief Technology Officer.